In lieu with Intel's seasonal price drop antics, CPU prices were seen dropping just recently. True enough, prices have dipped for select processors in the market. Online retail portals for computer hardware, such as Newegg, report as much as new price listings of just under 200 dollars.
We're not exactly sure as to what the suggested price reductions are, but retail has adjusted the price ranges of the Core 2 Duos and the Core 2 Quads accordingly. The price reductions noted (by way of Xtreview) are as follows:
- Core 2 Quad Q9550 (45nm,2.83 Ghz ,1333 Mhz,2x6MB L2) - 40%
- Core 2 Quad Q6600 (65nm,2.4 Ghz ,1066 Mhz,2x4MB L2) - 9%
- Core 2 Duo E8500(45nm,3.16Ghz,1333Mhz,6Mb L2 cache) - 31%
- Core 2 Duo E8400(45nm,2.83Ghz,1333Mhz,6Mb L2 cache) - 11%
- Core 2 Duo E7200(45nm,2.53Ghz,1066Mhz,3Mb L2 cache) - 15%