If you look to the horizon, you might see a new patch flapping down your way, because BioWare has released the first minor patch to Mass Effect. This development follows the free release of the first official downloadable content, Bring Down the Sky, for Windows gamers.
The ~35 MB or so automated patcher of patch version 1.01 fixes includes the following changes:
- added some infrastructure support for additional downloadable content
- updated the image of the Batarian race in the codex
- fixed an issue where the center channel for hardware audio wouldn't play correctly sometimes
- fixed an issue where the hardware mouse pointer would disappear when first selected
- fixed an issue where Shepard did not auto-crouch when entering cover in some places
- fixed a tool-tip indicating a game restart is needed before enabling hardware or software audio if the option was changed
- fixed an issue where ambient conversation would not be heard from rear speakers sometimes
- fixed a text string to make it clearer on how to exit a vehicle
- fixed a text string so the tool top for dragging the map is clearer in French languages builds
You may download the patch at BioWare's official site, if not at your favorite public download portal. More in store for the PC gamer, so stay tuned.
- Mass Effect PC's Bring Down the Sky DLC now available
- Mass Effect PC activation procedures screw over legitimate copy owners
- Mass Effect's story trailer - your extinction is inevitable