SimCity Societies: Patch #4 brings in two new disasters
We’re letting the PC gamers know that Electronic Arts has recently release their fourth patch update for SimCity Societies. This update will carry two new disasters and several new bug fixes among its content. A short version of the changelog can be found over in the full article.
If terrorizing your sims with flying saucers wasn’t exactly your cup of tea, then you’ll want to hear about recent update being announced for SimCity Societies. The devs recently released the game’s fourth patch, which brings several new bug fixes and features with it.
Headlining the new patch will be the release of two new monsters: The Burgazoid 6000, and the Ornithosaurus Wrecks.
The patch will also carry six new buildings, two new crises, new building abilities, and a new mod management tool. The last item in the list will enable players to enable, disable, or delete whatever mods they have loaded in their game via the main menu.
We’ve also provided a partial list of the patch’s bug fixes here. The complete changelog, along with the patch download, are available over in the SimCity Societies official site via the source link below.
- New features:
- In all modes of play:
- Added The Burgazoid 6000 disaster.
- Added The Ornithosaurus Wrecks disaster.
- Six new events: epidemic, investment bubble, riot, strike, scientific breakthrough, pilgrimage,
- Two new crises: religious holiday, counter-cultural revolution.
- New building abilities for Eyesore, Minor Eyesore, Contagious, Inspiration
- Mod management tool, accessible from the main menu. Enables you to enable/disable or delete mods. Provides link to the mod exchange online.
- New Buildings:
- Additional variants of 15 home types.
- Two new venues ??? Supermarket and Carousel
- Two new workplaces???Warehouse, Low-rise Office Building
- Fixes and improvements:
- Fix for Having a very large city with a very high worker population while the Happiness Icon indicator is turned on causes the game to crash
- Fix for – GREEK – The HotKeys “V” and “Shift+V” are not functional
- Fix for crash that could occur on exit with a fire in the city
- Fix for: Hitting return to the main menu skipping prompts for save/load when it comes after an achievement
- Fix for goto nearest firestation button not working with district fire stations
- Fix for camera not focusing on UFO attack after focusing on Fire (However, it is still possible for the camera to be below the UFO if the UFO is very high when the ???!??? button is clicked.)
- Fix for Creepy smoke and ghost effects don’t activate when entering haunted profiles
- Fix for building costs not updating in gallery when cost modifier is in effect
- Fix for crash for unaligned particle memory with new ATI Catalyst 8.3 drivers
- Fix for Building Ghosts not displaying Custom Textures as they are being placed
- Fix for Culture Car Sets not being expandable
- Fix for ambients being unable to be overwritten by mods
- Fix for custom bump maps not showing up in game
- Fix for: high-resolutions textures are not swapping out even when camera is too high to benefit from their detail. Reduces memory usage.
- Fix for: error in shadow and batch rendering that may have been causing some DirectX errors / slowdowns
- Changes in materials handling and in UI texture pinning reduce memory usage