Sony invades Shibuya: FF13, LBP, MGS4 campaign for PS3
While Sony is having this weird series of ads in the west for the holidays, over at Japan, they’re running print ads. Poster girls, poster boys, and even poster sackboys, the lot of them. The posters seen in the full article were spotted in the Shibuya station. (So why again is a non-exclusive RPG part of a brand campaign for the PS3? Hmm… Oh, oh! I know! I know! Let me!)
While Sony is having this weird series of ads in the west for the holidays, over at Japan, they’re running print ads. Poster girls, poster boys, and even poster sackboys, the lot of them. These posters were spotted in the Shibuya station.
While advertising for Metal Gear Solid 4 and LittleBigPlanet doesn’t come as a surprise, seeing Final Fantasy XIII‘s Lightning acting as poster girl for the campaign might come as strange at first – considering that a) only god knows when the release date is, and b) it’s not a PS3 exclusive (maybe they would have been better off with Versus instead?).
Not as strange though, after thinking more on it, because this is Japan, after all. And over there, they still have FF13 as a PS3-exclusive. So there.
Moving on though, the translations of the posters are as follows (notes taken from source):
- The capital letters correspond to the big words in the posters.
- The PS3 ad says “Everyone awakens here.”
- The MGS4 ad says something like “Finish the MISSION to completion.”
- The Sackboy ad says “IMAGINATION that’s learned from play.”
- [The FFXIII ad] says something to the effect of: The Courage to Seek Truth
- The one with the girl holding a disc says “Beauty like a DREAM.”
- The one with the guy doing a mind meld with the controller might say “The PRIDE of exceeding super realism.”
- I have no idea what the poster with the guy in blue says. But is it even possible to hold a PlayStation 3 like that?
- There was a White Knight poster too, but there were some little boys standing in front of it.
The source seems to have missed the translation for the poster with the girl hugging the console, but if I’d wager a guess, it might go something like “You can be KAWAII like me too” or something to that effect.
- PS3 ‘Reflections’ Christmas ad (part 2): ‘Office Park’ invaded by Sackboys
- PS3 Matrjoska ad to make you go …whuuut?