If you haven't gone online on Steam yet, then you probably missed the last Team Fortress 2 update made available a few days ago. Valve Corporation addressed a set of issues in-game and on the server browser interface, from cosmetics to full functionality hiccups. Take a gander at the patches specific to the Team Fortress 2 client first:
- Fixed team switches on Attack/Defense maps spamming the console
- Fixed the Kritzkrieg not working on servers with crits turned off
- Fixed some clipped localized strings in various in-game dialogs
- Fixed several cases where files were synchronously loaded while the game was running
- Fixed a shutdown crash in the material system
- Fixed grenades, rockets, and flamethrower being able to fire through grates at round starts
- Fixed players being killed and creating ragdolls during team switches
- Fixed various exploits and performance problems in CP_Badlands, CP_Well, and CP_Fastlane
- Cached rendering of item model panels to improve performance, in particular while weapon selection was visible
An additional thing to consider before team-switch spamming, and rocket suicides, eh? Also, Valve also added a gear symbol behind the health bar for Engineer structures.
That goes for target ID and freeze panels, and those Pyro's going for the crit skill won't - and we stress won't - be gaining an additional 50 HP per successful backburns. Yeah - it was fun while it lasted.
- Team Fortress 2: 7-08-2008 patch update released
- Team Fortress 2: Heavy class to get new weapons and achievements
- Team Fortress 2 July 1 update released