A new map and technical adjustments populate the new update for the futuristic Battlefield 2142, thanks much to numerous feedback from the beta-testers of Highway Tampa. Patching up your copy of DICE’s Battlefield 2142 should level it out at version 1.4 and enable access to servers running 1.4 and packed with the brand new map.
Intel and EA’s work has now paid off well, and players would do well to ready their download pipes for another hefty download. This patch sits at around 390 MB. Patch changes and new features follow at the full article.
Talk about adding more ammo to your camp. Electronic Arts recently updated Battlefield 2142 and aside from plastering up exploits toyed by unfair fraggers, patch 1.4 also carries over the final version of Highway Tampa. Not exactly familiar with the map? Fear not.
Highway Tampa is a new map developed by EA and Intel that depicts a fictional supply line in the Arabian Peninsula. The map itself is compatible with both Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142, although each version has its differences. The Battlefield 2142 version sports both the Titan mode and the Double Assault Lines mode. The BF2 version only holds the Conquest mode.
Features and patch changelist follows:
- Added a new map – Highway Tampa.
- Added an autosave to kit customisations. After you customise a kit and spawn in with that kit, the customisation will be automatically saved until you change it and spawn in again. Note that you must spawn in with a particular kit for it to be saved.
- Titans will now spawn up to two gunships per side
- Squad Leaders no longer have to resupply to re-equip destroyed drones
- Exploit Fix: hardcoded the time limits of Orbital and EMP strikes.
- RDX Shotgun now detonates RDX, Motion Mines, AP Mines with minimum of 2 rounds.
- Ported EU Assault Rifle changes to the Best Buy unlock as well.
- Fixed LMG Left/Right Recoil
- Revised EU Assault Rifle Recoil
- Increased Clark rate of fire to match Herzog
- Fixed PAC shotgun attachment recoil to match other Herzogs
- Further adjustment to Squad Leader drones to prevent them accidentally killing the Squad Leader when deployed
- Further fix to prevent “pod surfing”. Note that some pod movement will still be possible and is an intended gameplay mechanic to allow the player to have some small choice of landing site and to access rooftops
- Smoke from the CM3-N Radar Grenade deploys more quickly. The Radar range has been slightly increased and endures for the duration of the smoke effect.
- The CM3-N Radar Grenade may now be resupplied.
- The screening effectiveness of all smoke grenades has been significantly improved.
- Adjusted Talon heat source position to improve Gunship missile balance.
- Beta Feedback: Fixed the placement of an AA gun on Highway Tampa
- Beta Feedback: Improved the visuals of the swimming pool on Highway Tampa
Will there be more next in line? Find out when new updates flow in from EA.