You don’t have to wait for that lucky break to get into the gaming industry. In fact, Blizzard is coming after individuals straight out of college with talent, skills, and passion to create games together with the masterminds behind the World of Warcraft phenomenon and StarCraft craze. If you’re around California and willing to learn, head over to the full article for Blizzard’s schedule of events.
As video game development evolves and becomes more robust, plenty of positions open up. It’s no secret that triple A titles require hundreds of staff members and millions of dollars. There’s a big window you can go through if you want to break into the industry, but if that’s not enough, you’d want to keep tabs on Blizzard Entertainment’s University Relations program.
The makers of highly acclaimed franchises such as Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft plan to expand by initiating students into the scene. Blizzard kicked things off when it hosted the Spring Career Fair in the University of California, and more events are coming soon.
Let’s cut to the chase. In event – date – location format, here’s the updated schedule of Blizzard’s University Relations program:
- USC GamePipe Demo – May 13th, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm – USC GamePipe Laboratory
- CalArts Graduate Portfolio Show – May 6th, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm – Main Gallery
- OTIS Portfolio Show – May 8th, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Goldsmith Campus
- CalArts Character Animation Producer’s Show – May 8th, 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm – Television Hall of Fame in North Hollywood
- Laguna Art College and Design Portfolio Show – May 14th, 10:30 am – 1:00 pm – On Campus
- Academy of Arts Portfolio Show – May 22nd, 10:00 am- 4:00 pm – 601 Brannon Street San Francisco, CA
- Informational Session at the Art Institute of CA- San Diego – May 22nd, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm – TBA