A new update for Dark AleX‘s custom firmware for the PlayStation Portable has arrived with CFW 3.90 M33-2. The latest build improves much of the plugins since the previous version as well as adds in a couple of patches specifically for the PSP Slim & Lite. For more information, you can view the changelog in the full article.
Download: CFW 3.90 M33-2
Here’s something new from homebrew developer Dark AleX: the newest build for the custom firmware 3.90 M33 for the PlayStation Portable released just a few weeks ago. The new CFW 3.90 M33-2 improves much of the plugins since the previous version, as well as adds in a couple of patches specifically for the PSP Slim & Lite.
Anyway, to keep it simple here’s a list of the new changes noted in the latest version of CFW 3.90 M33-2:
- Improvements in plugins loading code:
- Fixed some problems with problematic cards due to filesystem not mounted.
- Now plugins should read the faster.
- Problem fixed with lines with spaces at the end.
- Added the rest of regions to the recovery option fakeregion.
- (PSP SLIM): Added patches in nand ipl to allow Booster multiiplloader and TimeMachine iplloader to boot from nand.
Please also note that only CFW 3.90 M33-2 and higher can be booted from the Slim’s nand with the ipl loaders mentioned. As for the network updater, here’s what’s new:
- The 3.90 eboot downloading code is now more stable, no more freezes after selecting AP
- Memory stick write in the 3.90 downloading code is delayed the maximum possible for faster operation (the system prefers big chunks of data written at once).
To install the latest update manually, make sure that you already have CFW 3.90 M33 installed on your PSP and simply copy the update folder to /PSP/GAME and run the program.
We strongly advise that you take a look at the Readme.txt file for more details on how to install the latest custom firmware on to your PSP. You can download CFW 3.90 M33-2 below.
Download: Custom PSP Firmware 3.90 M33-2