E3 2008: tri-Ace lets loose Star Ocean: The Last Hope details
July 16, 2008
While a demo of Star Ocean: The Last Hope was not meant to be in E3 2008, Square Enix and developer tri-Ace were kind enough to give us all some much-wanted details on the upcoming RPG for the Xbox 360. There’s plenty to be happy about and you can find out what in the full article.
A demo of Star Ocean: The Last Hope wasn’t ready to be shown in E3 2008, but Square Enix and developer tri-Ace were happy to share a few details on it. UGN posted a report earlier with the following information:
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope is a prequel to the first three installments in the series. It will feature mankind’s exodus from post-World War 3 Earth and the journey into the stars to find a new world.
- tri-Ace says that there will be plenty of allusions to the first three Star Ocean games.
- The story in this RPG will be “easier to understand” than those of its predecessors.
- Multiple planets will be explored instead of just one big world to roam around.
- Fighting will be similar to that of the third installment in the series. Action will be flashier and faster this time, says the devs.
- Item creation mechanics should be expected.
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope will be “closer to reality” because it is more chronologically proximate to modern times.
That’s just about all we have coming from tri-Ace at this point. We’ll catch more details soon and we’ll tell you about it as soon as we can.
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope not tagged as Xbox 360 exclusive, PS3 still possible?
- E3 2008: Final Fantasy XIII also heading to Xbox 360, Square Enix talk roundup