The patch notes for EVE Online: Dominion has just been released and there are a lot of new things in store for you avid players. But first, we have information on the deployment of Dominion this coming Tuesday, December 1, 2009. Details and patch notes at the full article.
The patch notes for EVE Online: Dominion has just been released and there are a lot of new things in store for you avid players. But first, we have information on the deployment of Dominion this coming Tuesday, December 1, 2009.
Expect a downtime to happen at 02:00 GMT/ UTC, and is expected to run until 21:00 GMT/ UTC – that’s 9PM for those not familiar with military time. While the deployment is happening, Tranquility will reportedly be offline, but updates will be regularly made by the staff.
Now, on to the patch notes. According to the list, it looks like you guys will be introduced to a new sovereignty system, as well as new player experience and tutorials. More new stuff include new epic arcs, EVE-mail features, fleet finder, graphics overhaul with new planets, and changes to capital ships, among many others.
Here’s a bit of sampling from the patch notes. Don’t think it all ends there, though. I said there’d be more, and that’s definitely what you’ll get. More of the patch notes via the source link below.
- The user system of EVE got corified in order to be more easily used in other CCP products.
- The UI was also corified and is now hardcore.
- A new sovereignty system has been introduced to replace the old mechanic of Starbases for laying claim to territory. Full details can be found in CCP AbathurÂ’s blog Dominion – Storming the Gates
- A new way for players to upgrade claimed systems has been introduced. Full details can be found in CCP AbathurÂ’s blog Dominion Upkeep and Upgrades: The Expanded Edition
- New data and views on sovereignty through the sovereignty dashboard which will provide detailed information on the status of every solar system
- New and improved views and statistics through the universe map which includes a new territorial influence map
- We have added four new Navy battleships, based on Tier 1 battleship hulls and obtainable from Factional Warfare LP stores exclusively. They are the Navy Armageddon, Navy Scorpion, Navy Dominix and Fleet Typhoon. Full details on ship layouts and attributes can be found in CCP YtterbiumÂ’s blog Adding flavour to your faction meal.
- The Citadel Cruise Launcher I has been introduced which is designed for Capital class ships.
Weapons & Ammunition
- Four new Citadel Cruise Missiles have been added. These are designed for use against other capital class ships, and have a reduced damage against smaller ships. Blueprints for the module and the ammo will be available on the market. The new missile names are Catastrophe Citadel Cruise Missile, Rajas Citadel Cruise Missile, Sol Citadel Cruise Missile and Thunar Citadel Cruise Missile
- The skill “Citadel Cruise Missiles” has been seeded on the market. This is required to use the new Citadel Cruise Launcher I.
Via EVE Online