Okay, it's more of a costume change than a sex change, but it certainly caught your attention, didn't it? Siliconera reports that, much like the later installments in Capcom's Mega Man series of games, Mega Man will be able to purchase additional items and power ups from Auto's shop.
Here's what you'll be able to purchase, looking from the top left to the bottom right:
- 1up - Extra Life
- Energy Tank Â– Used to refill Mega ManÂ’s energy.
- Mystery Tank Â– Used to refill Mega ManÂ’s energy and weapon energy.
- Fliptop/Eddie Call Â– Appears to give Mega Man a helpful item in a stage.
- Beat Call Â– Lets Mega Man call Beat in to attack.
- Energy Balancer Â– Automatically distributes weapon energy items to the most drained weapon.
- Guard Up Â– Reduces damage by 50%.
- Shock Step Â– Allows Mega Man to step on spikes and survive.
- Costume Â– Lets Mega Man change into a new set of clothes.
- Hair Style Book Â– Gives Mega Man a fashionable look.
In any event, we'll probably learn more about these new commodities once the game heads into the respective online stores. Keep checking QJ for updates!
- Mega Man 9 boss details: Magma Man, Tornado Man, Concrete Man
- Nostalgia is: the Mega Man 9 opening cinematic