Halo 3 matchmaking playlists updated: no more Social Doubles, enter Rocket Race
If you haven’t noticed, changes on Microsoft and Bungie Studios‘ Halo 3 matchmaking playlists are now in effect. Social Doubles are gone, Rocket Race Hopper is live, VIP modes in multi-team have been reduced, Swords are now in Lone Wolves, and other changes should make for better matchmaking.
Find the changelog at the full article!
As proof that Bungie never fails to mix things up for Spartans online, matchmaking playlist changes for Halo 3 on the Microsoft Xbox 360 are now live. Gone is the exploitable Social Doubles, as Rocket Race Hopper enters the list of available game modes. Other changes should improve your chances of getting desirable matches, like the reduced frequency of VIP gametypes in Multi-team and the appearance of Swords in Lone Wolves.
Here’s the changelog posted on Bungie’s website:
- Hammerzeit game variant has been added
- The frequency of VIP gametypes has been reduced
- Swords gametypes will now be to 25 kills, rather than 50
- Lone Wolves:
- Player count has been increased to 6 players
- Swords gametype has been added
- Oddball games on Snowbound and Epitaph have been reduced considerably
- Team Slayer:
- Guardian has been added to the playlist
- Valhalla has been added to Team Slayer
- Social Skirmish
- Flag gametypes will now appear more regularly
- Rumble Pit
- Added both Construct and Isolation to several gametypes
Aside from Rocket Racing, we sure are excited to jump into the fray with the sweet playlist changes now online. Four players in Lone Wolves often felt lonely, and the lack of Flag fights in Social Skirmish was a bit disheartening.