iPhone homebrew developer errrick has released an updated version of PwnPlayer, bringing it up to version 0.1 beta 5. In case you haven’t heard of it yet, PwnPlayer is a replacement app for the iPhone or iPod Touch’s stock iPod application. A changelog is available in the full article.
iPhone homebrew developer errrick has released an updated version of PwnPlayer, bringing it up to version 0.1 beta 5. In case you haven’t heard of it yet, PwnPlayer is a replacement app for the iPhone or iPod Touch’s stock iPod application.
You can get the latest version of PwnPlayer for free through Cydia. It’s still in beta, so expect a few bugs. The app’s lockscreen features seem to be having the most complaints, but as a player, it sounds pretty usable. Here’s the changelog for beta 5:
- Added M4A playback support (MPEG-4 audio files). No tag reading yet.
- Integration with MewSeek (http://www.mewseek.net)
- Fixed a few memory leaks discovered when navigating playlists / music library / file system.
- Fixed a few memory leaks during iTunesDB reading/parsing.
- Added support for standard EQ presets (No custom graphic EQ… yet? I hope so.)
- Improved loading times. PwnPlayer now loads much faster when running it for the first time.
- Autoplay also loads much faster now.
- Album list will now show the artwork immediately with better quality (same as in MobileMusicPlayer, no more delayed-pixelated artwork!).
- Fixed bug on search screen, that showed a folder icon in one or more song results after doing several searches.
- Better navigation in Featured screen.
- Fixed bug for certain music libraries which experienced crashes everytime they wanted to load coverflow, album, song or artist lists
- Artwork in lock screen is now hidden on pause/stop
- Fixed bug that caused certain songs to finish early. Now all songs will play till the end, however, you might still see them on the screen with a lower duration than they actually have, this needs to be investigated further.
Via PwnPlayer forum