Homebrew coder ZodTTD has released a huge update for vlc4iphone, a port of VideoLAN VLC media player's source code for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Notable features on the latest release includes a new GUI, support for firmware 2.x and 3.x and some new features.
Version 2.1.0 changelog:
- A new user interface.
- Bookmarks are now a Playlist.
- Create your own playlist.
- Support for firmware 2.x and 3.x.
- Prev, Next, and Pause buttons added.
- M3U and other playlist formats now supported.
- Completely rewrote the handling of VLC to use libvlc properly.
- Removed the ShoutCast server browser, at least for now.