Lord of the Rings Online gamers, heads up! In case you didn’t know yet (how could you not?), Book 13: Doom of the Last-king is already available for download. Head over to the full article to recap on the game’s new features in this update.
If you’re part of the populace in Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, you’d have noticed that Book 13: Doom of the Last-king is already available for download. For a quick recap, here are all the new features available in the game.
Book 13 introduces a whole new bunch of features, the biggest of which are the new region of Forochel and the faction of Lossoth. Check out all the new updates here:
- New Region – In the far, frozen north of Eriador lies Forochel. This new region lets players see the ocean for the first time and introduces several new temperature based landscape effects.
- New Damage Type – Players will need to be mindful of the cold due to a new damage type – frost. Frost will slowly damage their character until they find a source of warmth in the form of shelter or a campfire.
- New Faction – Beneath the brooding skies of Forochel dwell the hardy tribes known as the Lossoth. Players can earn favor with the Lossoth by helping them in the struggle against their ancient enemy, the Guaredain. Lossoth reputation rewards include unique armor sets, weapons, a new mount, housing decorations, and class specific items.
- New Class – The Orc Defiler is a healer that will round out any War Band in their quest to dominate the Ettenmoors. The Defiler uses new healing skills such as Fertile Slime and Fungal Bloom to aid its party in battle and has a host of new Debuff skills including Curse of the Lethargic Heart to defeat their enemies.
- The Hobby System – Fishing is the first hobby being introduced in LOTRO. From the Midgewater Marshes to the Shores of Evendim, players will find fishing to be a relaxing, entertaining and beneficial pastime. Players can earn deeds and traits as they improve their fishing prowess and captured fish can be used to cook in recipes or be mounted as trophies in a player’s house.
- New story arcs – At Elrond’s urging, players venture into the frozen wastes of the north to continue Laerdan’s search for the remnants of the ring Narchuil. Aided by the Snowmen of Forochel, players will uncover the fate of an ancestor of Aragorn and strive to thwart the terrible aims of Angmar.
- Over 100 New Quests – The story continues for players as they aid the Fellowship and encounter new adventures in Middle-earth.
Book 14: Ring Forge of the Elven Rings will be released this summer, and the adventure will continue into the Mines of Moria. Check back for more updates on Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar!
Via Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar