The long awaited patch for Sony's highly addicting kart racing title, ModNation Racers, is coming out next week.
The long awaited patch for Sony's highly addicting kart racing title, ModNation Racers, is coming out next week. According to IGN, the new patch will be released this coming Wednesday, August 4th and it will include a bunch of new tweaks and improvements in response to user feedbacks:
- Slashed Load Times
- Yes, there are still going to be load times, but Sony is reporting that in some cases those loads will be 50 percent faster.
- Casual Difficulty FTW
- A lot of folks dug the gameplay in ModNation Racers, but they were getting pwned by the game's AI-controlled opponents; those computerized ***** never gave Player 1 a break! Well, this patch introduces Casual Difficulty Mode. This should give people who just want to have some fun the chance to do so without having to worry about hurling a controller after getting sideswiped in the third lap
- Friends with XP Benefits
- Racing in XP Races and Series is key to earning experience points and leveling-up online. However, as it stands, you can't invite your friends to XP outings. It kind of sucks the fun out of your multiplayer romp. Well, on Wednesday, that'll be a thing of the past. This patch allows you to invite your buddies to races and series, so go level grind!
- Death to Hot Lap Cheaters
- Apparently, this patch will fix a bug that allowed players to cut through tracks and post ridiculous times in the online Hot Lap section. Only a few more days to steal the spotlight, kids!
- The Ultimate Collector
- Player cards -- the profile showing what you've whipped up -- will now display all of you creations and not just some of them.
- Get Online Faster and Stay There
- United Front Games is also fixing MNR so that you'll be able to jump into online races faster than ever. The developers say that this has been done by removing "the online game room from the ModSpot." On top of that, the server's been upgraded to help get rid of those pesky disconnects people were having to deal with. We'll see how that works on Wednesday.
- Attain the Unattainable (Challenges)
- United Front Games has listened to all of your ranting and raving and honed in on three challenges that it agrees are just too ***** tough. When you download the patch on Wednesday, expect different completion conditions on the Devastator takedown on Wild Run, the Devastator takedown on Modobahn and the "sideswipe three opponents on the cliff side" task on Fracture.
- Free Stuff
- The Tin Bucket item will be unlocked for everyone! Hooray!