On Blu-ray this week centers on a good number of titles, with the Harry Potter series dominating the list. Also included this week is Lost, The Legend of Zorro, Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same, and more. Check out the full article for the complete list.
Ready for this week’s dose of Blu-ray releases? This batch mainly centers the movie adaptations of J.K. Rowling’s widely famous Harry Potter series. Joining the Harry Potter movies is a variety of other Blu-ray titles ranging from a Japanese animated movie to a compilation of Led Zeppelin’s concerts at Madison Square.
Also included on Blu-ray this week is the third season of TV series Lost, the extended edition of High School Musical 2, the musical Rent, and Antonio Banderas reprising his sword-wielding role in The Legend of Zorro. Let’s check out some of the treats for your Blu-ray home entertainment systems, shall we?
Let’s start with The Boy Who Lived, a.k.a. Harry Potter. The first four movie titles of the series have stand-alone releases, though you can also get the Harry Potter Limited Edition Gift Set: Years 1-5 which comes in a nice box. Follow the adventures of Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley as they go up against the most powerful wizard in history – and of course, the trials and tribulations of puberty and school.
Next up is the third season of Emmy award-winning TV series Lost. Just like last week’s Cast Away, Lost centers on the story of plane crash survivors on a deserted island – or at least, that’s what it looked like the first time we saw it. In this particular season, the story continues on two months after the unfortunate plane crash. The survivors and the Others’ conflict heats up as some of them switch sides. Included in this box set release are a number of bonus features like behind-the-scenes featurettes and a trip to the Lost writers room (ironically), among others.
Another treat for this week (for the girls at least) is High School Musical 2. We’re talking about the Extended Edition of the sequel which packs an exclusive music scene (Humuhumunukunukuapua’a), the karaoke version, and the music videos of the songs. The East High Wildcats look for summer jobs and land positions at the very elite country club, Lava Springs. Little do they know that Sharpay has other plans under her posh sleeves.
Check out this week on Blu-ray releases in convenient list form:
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Warner Bros.)
- Harry Potter Limited Edition Gift Set: Years 1-5 (Warner Bros.)
- Lost: The Complete Third Season (Disney / Buena Vista)
- High School Musical 2: Extended Edition (Disney / Buena Vista)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Warner Bros.)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Warner Bros.)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Warner Bros.)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Warner Bros.)
- Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same (Warner Bros.)
- The Legend of Zorro (Sony Pictures)
- Rent (Sony Pictures)
- SOS! Tokyo Metro Explorers: The Next (Bandai Visual)