Attention, soldiers! An update about Frontlines: Fuel of War‘s upcoming patch, 1.1.0 has been released and the patch notes lists quite a number of planned changes, the addition of PunkBuster and Spawn Protection, and lots of other bug fixes and other stuff. Check out the current notes for patch 1.1.0 at the full article.
In case you’ve been playing Kaos Studios and THQ‘s Frontlines: Fuel of War, then you’ll be glad to know that information about the latest patch had been released. Joe Halper, Senior Producer at Kaos Studios, gave an update about the upcoming Frontlines patch, 1.1.0.
The current patch notes are beefy and include quite a number of changes, a couple of new features, the new server browser, and some bug fixes, among other things. We’re sure you’ve been waiting for PunkBuster and Spawn Protection (anti-cheat and anti-spawn camping, respectively) and they’ll be features we’ll be see once patch 1.1.0 goes live.
Anyway, you can check out the Frontlines: Fuel of War (also on Xbox 360) patch notes below, but remember that since 1.1.0 is still in testing, some changes might be added or taken from the current notes.
- PunkBuster anti-cheat is being added
- Spawn Protection Â– Players will spawn with a few seconds of invulnerability that will end if they perform an action to prevent spawn camping
New Server Browser
- Phase 1 of the NEW Server Browser
- New streamlined design w/easy to use layout
- Added text filters for the following categories: Server Name, Player Count, Ping, Map Name & Version Number
- Server Name filter will search entire through entire server names for matching criteria
- Player filter will default to the minimum number entered. This field also accepts ranges such as 10-40
- Ping filter will take the number entered as the max ping allowed. This field also accepts ranges as well.
- Added server name display
- Added text clan/server company/message of the day support
- Added ability to Cancel Server Search and the server browser will continue to display already pulled servers
- Can apply filters to pulled servers
- Server Browser no longer refreshes when coming back from the server info screens.
- Enter IP Address can now use IPÂ’s with ports and can use alpha characters
- Players can no longer stick Landmines onto their legs
- Invert controls for land vehicles has been fixed
- Players can no longer Â“flyÂ” or Â“jumpÂ” around levels
- Turrets will no longer continue firing when squad menu is raised
- All passengers in a vehicle will see hit notifications
- Sentry guns take less damage to destroy.
- Sentry guns will cause slightly less damage.
- Sentry guns will no longer respawn after being destroyed.
- Grenade launcher damage vs infantry has been reduced.
- Railgun rounds, clips, fire speed and damage radius have been adjusted.
- Character Movement Changes
- Forced pause which prevented the player from moving when recovering from a jump has been removed
- Player will be prevented from jumping immediately after landing for 0.5 seconds (stops the bouncing bunny syndrome)
- Multiple fixes should result is much less visible Â“slidingÂ”, Â“wormingÂ” and Â“DolphinÂ” effects from transitioning between crouch to standing, crouch to prone and prone to standing.
- Sprinting while crouched or prone has been removed
- Jumping from and to prone should now be impossible
- A minimum timer has been set in between changing positions. (This will prevent crouch/prone spamming)
- Character ground speed has been slightly increased, this includes strafe speed
- Free fall speed has increased for a more realistic feeling
- Single Player: Graveyard Â– Destroying all tanks will now always advance the frontline properly
- Scoreboard no longer shows double entries
- Scoreboard no longer shows all entries/columns with Zero points
- Scoreboard now displays server name, server IP and personal ping
- Player can now paste text longer than the max characters set for a text box.
- Fix for reported ATI X800/X850 user crashes on start up
- Vsync default setting is now turned to off, solving some crashes for lower end cards. (This is the Maximize Framerate option, in the Video- Advanced tab).
- Added NULL check to stop players from inputting illegal characters and crashing the game
- Systems with the Ageia PhysX card will no longer result in game crashes
- Polish language fixes to load screens and gameplay text
- Registry fix to document the running version number and installed territory.