Developer Total_Noob has published a plugin which allows the use of PSPStates from Dark_Alex on the PSP Slim with CFW 5.50GEN. The PSPStates, for those of you new to the scene, is a plugin that creates a “complete backup of the RAM of the PSP and the restore”, thereby making it possible for you to play any backup regardless of the system integrated. This brew lets you work it on a PSP 2000 unit in 5.50GEN.
Download: PSPStates Experiment v2 Patch for 5.50GEN
Developer Total_Noob has published a plugin which allows the use of PSPStates from Dark_Alex on the PSP Slim with CFW 5.50GEN.
The PSPStates, for those of you new to the scene, is a plugin that creates a “complete backup of the RAM of the PSP and the restore”, thereby making it possible for you to play any backup regardless of the system integrated. This brew lets you work it on a PSP 2000 unit in 5.50GEN.
According to the release notes:
This version is compatible only with the 5.50GEN. It will not work with a future without a Custom Firmware update to the plugin, unless the firmware has the same specificity as 5.50
For the various operations are faster, it is recommended that the CPU open Thursday to 333 Mhz in Recovery.
You can load the backup of any ISO or homebrew, as they are on the same Memory Stick. Do not change the name and path of your ISO or homebrews after you create a backup of the ISO / homebrew, otherwise the load will not work correctly.
Loading your backup is a difference with all the consequences. This means that if you are playing an ISO no UMD mode with plugin X activated and plugin Y deactivated, and that in another game, you play this game again (or another, regardless important), NP9660 mode with plugin X disabled and the plugin Y activated, the game will be played previously saved no UMD mode with plugin X activated and plugin Y disabled.
This plugin is not compatible with homebrews or plugins that use the largest memory of PSP Slim & Lite. These plugins can be loaded at the same time as PSPStates but should not be used.
- The interoperability between different versions of Sony:
- This will not be supported for technical reasons. If you are in 5.55 and a future that you want to load a backup made in 5.50, even if the plugin has been updated to 5.55, you’ll probably right to a crash of the backup.
Interoperability with future versions of the plugin:
- Because the plugin is still experimental, future versions would have to change data format. Even if this does not change, some problems exist: “the plugin will auto-downgrade” you have saved with a plug-in version 1, and you load it with a plug-in version 2. The plugin that was in RAM after loading had in version 1 …
Interoperability with other PSP:
This is certainly not a good idea to share backups between the PSP, this could cause incorrect answers or lost data. The only positive test was:
- PSP: TA-085
- PSP: TA-085 v2
PSP 1 backup. The PSP 2 loads the file. The load apparently worked, but the game is controlled by the analog stick, did not answer. This is due to different motherboards or other unknown reasons. If you want to perform other tests, do so but have in mind that:
- The material should be as similar as possible. The ISO or homebrews should be identical and should have the same path. It is best not to have another plugin activated.
- The backup can contain text not encrypted or compressed the WEP or WPA key that you saved during your connections. Moreover, if the XMB does not properly RAM, it is possible to safeguard contain names of files or binary data of media that was played in the XMB, which can be retrieved using utilities for computers.
- Backups contain the code of the kernel code and Sony games, it is illegal to share the backups you’ve made.
Frequently asked questions
Q: Why only for PSP Slim & Lite?
A: In the current implementation, I use the memory of the PSP Slim & Lite. The file is written postponed while file read is used before loading real. It is therefore requested to have a good driver for Memory Stick in situations where the kernel would not work. The only driver for Memory Stick that we have, which is used for Despertar del Cementerio, is extremely slow, it should not be used. As long as the DMA code is not returned it is impossible to implement this plugin on PSP FAT.
Q: After a backup, the sound stops working!
A: Try to load the backup to see if that solves the problem. This can happen sometimes in some games, it’s not 100% secure, but the reason identified in tests seems to be writing the file. In the current implementation, the plugin performs the actual backup after returning from sleep mode, compressing the code from RAM to a temporary file when the PSP comes out of the day, the code is executed, and when the system is stable, the file is written. It seems that some games or a few codes Sony may not like that large files are written, this is probably due to the time it can take. If one day, the driver for Memory Stick DMA is returned, this problem will disappear. Let’s hope so!
Q: What does it do if I load a backup that does not exist?
A: If the file does not exist, the last backup task in the current session will be charged. If no backup has been previously loaded, you will receive a black screen.
With this patch Total_Noob, you just have to install a plugin in addition to Dark_Alex, and you can enjoy the joys of backup RAM of the PSP, and replay parts of a game, restore a backup just before a boss, etc …
Download: PSPStates Experiment v2 Patch for 5.50GEN