Jeff Lait‘s back with a new release for his homebrew game, Powder Release 108. Again, it’s got updates for both the PSP and DS. There are a lot of bugfixes and updates to be had here, and the list is quite long, so we won’t keep you any longer. Check them out at the full article.
Jeff Lait has given us a double treat today by releasing his Powder Release 108 for both the DS and the PSP. We know, it’s been a while since he’s updated this brew, but that is not to say that he was working on a “huge secret code”, simply, he was just busy with other stuff.
Now, this release provides for a good number of bugfixes, most important of which is the Safe Walk ability. As Jeff explains, this lets
…non-DS users have the ability to avoid accidentally attacking kiwis when they go careening through the hallways. The intent is you can bind it to,say [L], and then hold that when you want to move safely. If you want [L] to attack, you can change the global option. SDL users may use the ctrl key. Unless they are using vi-keys in which case I’m afraid they are out of luck for now. I can only hope those players believe that Safe Walk is for weaklings.
Here’s the full changelog for Powder Release 108:
- The mouse will work again for the onscreen keyboard in SDL builds. (Ilya, Teun Peelen)
- Description when wearing necro dress code spells servant right. (David Damerell, Andreas Bohm)
- Vacuum correctly spelled in death message. (David Damerell)
- “Click on your self to search” rather than Clicking. (Narius Varigor)
- Starting as cultist will immediately tell you ><0|V|’s whim. (hotpoo)
- Loading a save game worshiping ><0|V| will likewise report the whim.
- Zapping a hostile wand of create monster will have a chance of the creature turning on you. (hotpoo)
- New boon from gods: hostile creatures surrounding you can be smitten. (Indirectly Ambvai)
- Earth hammers can be forged into artifact earth hammers with the proper setup. (David Damerell)
- Level up hitpoints and magic points are now 2d2+1 rather than 1d4+1, giving a tighter distribution and slight boost to the average. (Teun Peelen)
- Earth hammers have an encyclopedia entry. (David Damerell)
- When you can move in diagonals you can use the diagonals of the numberpad. (Andreas Bohm)
- There is now a SafeWalk mode which stops you from attacking when walking about. You can toggle this by pressing Ctrl when using the arrow keys or binding the Safe Walk command to a button in GBA mode. (Andreas Bohm)
- The delete key works the same as the backspace key, a useful feature on Macs whose keyboards lack a backspace. (Roger Bolton)
- Wishing for a level teleport no longer uses atoi() so hopefully works on gpsphone. (Roger Bolton)
- We now promote room flags to map flags when loading. This way loading the game on the final levels will not turn the levels into floor-diggable and hence suddenly create holes to short-circuit the levels. (Ambvai, debugged by Andreas Bohm)
- A case where you could achieve barbarian dress code despite not wearing armour is fixed. (Malte Helmert)
- You now gain piety for the barbarian and necro dress codes. (Malte Helmert)
- You can no longer move diagonally if both orthogonal directions are blocked by walls.
- Spells cast when you have the can dig intrinsic will no longer disintegrate earth elementals. (SparroHawc)
By the way, Jeff also would like to note that save games are never preserved between versions, although the highscore is saved. Please wait until your current character dies before upgrading.
Download: Powder Release 108 for DS
Download: Powder Release 108 for PSP
Previous Powder Release: