The iPhone DevTeam has released a new update for PwnageTool, a tool to jailbreak your iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPod Touch 1G/2G. The latest update, available only for Mac OS X users, jailbreaks the latest iPhone OS 3.1.2.
If youÂ’re already jailbroken (by whatever means), you donÂ’t need to mess around with DFU mode at all. Just create (or get from a friend) your custom IPSW and Option-Restore (Shift-Restore on Windows) to it via iTunes. DonÂ’t enter DFU mode at all. Please make sure you are restoring to the custom IPSW, not the stock one from Apple! For best results, use the latest iTunes (9.0.1) Â— which includes a nice new application organizer.
This release allows your baseband to remain unlocked at 3.1.2, but it does not unlock a new baseband put there by restoring to official 3.1.x. It is super important that people who need the unlock to understand they can keep it only by starting at 3.0 (or earlier) and updating solely to custom IPSWs that donÂ’t update the baseband. For those who have been onboard the Â“unlock trainÂ”, simply install ultrasn0w via Cydia once youÂ’ve restored to your custom IPSW. DonÂ’t forget to turn off the Â“3GÂ” setting in Settings->General->Network if you use T-Mobile in the U.S.A.
- The iPhone 3GS is now supported out of the box in PwnageTool 3.1.4 (or if you have upgraded to 3.1.x in iTunes)
- The iPod 2G is still supported in PwnageTool 3.1.4 but you must already be jailbroken (weÂ’ll update this if thereÂ’s a big demand from non-jailbroken ipt2G owners)
- The iPod touch 3G is NOT supported
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1.2 now live, fixes sleep bug
- iPhone DevTeam releases PwnageTool 3.1.3 for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G
Via DEV-TEAM BLOG