So you didn’t get yourself the limited edition Metal Gear Solid 4 headset? Don’t stress out about it, you can get the next best thing. Sony‘s official PlayStation 3 bluetooth headset will soon be available later this month. In the meantime, specs of the headset has been unveiled by Sony, which you can check out in the full article.
After so many months, we finally have more details on the official PlayStation 3 headset whose existence has been leaked last March. This is probably the next best thing to the Metal Gear Solid 4 wireless headset, so you might want to grab it when it comes out.
Specs of the device has been officially unveiled (not leaked, like it was last time) by Sony. According to the press release, the headset comes with its own charging cradle. The PS3 also has support for the device in the form of an on-screen indicator which you can call up at the press of a button. The indicator shows the headset connection status, battery charge level, speaker volume level, and mic mute status.
The headset also has a noise canceling feature when in High Quality mode, which would be good for games that might get a little noisy, likeSOCOM: Confrontation, and Resistance 2.
The device will be available in Japan this October 30, with a price tag of JPÂ¥ 5,000 (US$ 45.87). According to the Amazon listing, the headset will be out earlier in the US, on September 30, with a price tag of US$ 49.99.
Here are the specs provided by the press release for the product in Japan:
- Product name Wireless Headset
- Product code CEJH-15002
- Release date October 30, 2008
- Recommended retail price 5,000 yen (including tax)
- Included Wireless Headset x 1
- Cradle x 1
- USB cable x 1
- Extra earpiece ring x 1
- Battery DC 3.7V : built in Lithium-ion battery
- Capacity 190mAh
- Operating temperature 5℃ – 35℃
- Weight Approx. 19.5g
- Bluetooth specifications Bluetooth ver2.1+EDR
- Supported Bluetooth profiles*1 HSP (Headset Profile)/ HFP (Hands-free Profile)
- Operating range Up to approx. 10 meters*2
- Talk time Up to approx. 8 hours*3
- Standby time Approx. 300 hours*3
- Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- 1 Bluetooth profiles are used to define possible application that the device can use to communicate with other devices.
- 2 Operating range may change depending on user environment.
- 3 Talk time and Standby time may change depending on user environment and or charge level.