Attention StarCraft fanatics! Blizzard has released the latest content patch for StarCraft 2 beta. Notable features of the latest patch includes the much awaited Galaxy Map Editor, game balance changes and a brand new 1 versus 1 map. More after the jump.
Attention StarCraft fanatics! Blizzard has released the latest content patch for StarCraft 2 beta. Notable features of the latest patch includes the much awaited Galaxy Map Editor, game balance changes and a brand new 1 versus 1 map.
- The StarCraft II Editor is now available!
- Players will now be able to begin creating trigger maps in preparation for map publishing which will be made available in an upcoming beta patch.
- Achievements & Decals are now live!
- Players will now be able to earn achievements, browse the list of available achievements, and view achievements earned by friends.
- Players will be able to highlight favorite achievements in their Showcase.
- Earning certain achievements will unlock portrait and decal rewards.
- The updated Homepage now includes a Recent Broadcasts panel and a News & Community panel.
- A new Match History page is now available which will allow players to browse and filter their last 1,000 games played.
- A new Community page is now available which features an in-game version of RSS news feeds.
- A new Friends-of-Friends feature has been added, which allows players to easily find and connect with more real life friends on Battle.net through existing friends.
- Additional friends’ presence details are now available from the Friends’ list.
- Improvements have been made on the Voice Chat system in game.
- Please use the new voice chat and provide feedback via the StarCraft II beta forums.
- The score screen now features a new graph tab.
- The art for many parts of the user interface has been updated.
- Hotkey templates have been added.
- In the gameplay options menu select from standard name based hotkeys for right and left-handed players, grid based hotkeys for right, and left-handed players, and classic StarCraft keys.
- Several hotkeys have been changed to avoid conflicts with the “Select All Warpgates” UI button:
- The Set Worker Rally Point has been changed from W to R.
- Build Sensor Tower has been changed from W to N.
- Terran Infantry Weapons have been changed from W to E.
- Terran Vehicle Weapons have been changed from W to E.
- Weapon Refit has been changed from W to R.
- Burrow has been changed from W to R.
- Spawn Larva has been changed from R to V.
- Neural Parasite has been changed from R to E.
- Concussive Shells research cost decreased from 100/100 80 seconds to 50/50 60 seconds.
- Build time increased from 40 to 55.
- Infested Terran
- Damage increased from 5 to 8.
- Speed decreased from 1.5 to 0.9375.
- Speed off creep decreased from 1.5 to 0.938. (Speed on creep unchanged.)
- Spine Crawler
- Attack period decreased from 1.6 to 1.85.
- Neural Parasite range increased from 7 to 9.
- Fungal Growth projectile removed; Units in the target area are now instantly hit.
- We’ve made a change to the (2)ScrapStation map to make the natural expansion easier to defend.
- New maps have been added to the ladder rotation while others have been removed as follows:
- Added (2)IncinerationZone
- Removed (4)LostTemple
- Removed (4)Metalopolis
- Added (4)AridWastes
- Added (4)Coalition
- Added (4)Decena
- Added (4)ScorchedHaven
- Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine
- Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine
- Removed (4)NoviceShakurasPlateau
- Added (4)NoviceDecena
- Added (4)NoviceScorchedHaven
- Added (4)NoviceTwilightFortress