Still having issues with your copy of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC, PS3, Xbox 360, DS) from Steam? We’ve received word that the download service has received a new client update which, among other tweaks, should fix the problems that were reported for the game. That’s just the icing on this latest update, however – you may want to visit the full article to check out the rest of Steam’s latest updates.
If you happen to be a frequent visitor of Valve Corporation‘s Steam, we’ve got good news. The content delivery service’s client has received a new update, and is now available for download.
Among other changes, this update carries a fix for the recently reported issues players were having with Steam’s version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC, PS3, Xbox 360, DS) from Infinity Ward. Here are the rest of the reported tweaks:
- Fixed preloaded versions of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare being unable to launch
- Allow two shortcuts to use the same executable
- Added ability to create desktop shortcuts for shortcut apps
- Fixed Friends notifications being able to go top-most over the top of the tray context menu
- Fixed case where games would only launch in English
- Fixed Friends names sometimes being used for Clan names, or vice versa
- Fixed a rare crash when attempting to install a game
- Fixed Friends bug where the last Friend would not be shown
- Fixed the tray context menu to be easily dismissed without actually making a menu selection
This new client update will also carry the new Steam Hardware Survey, which is optional to fill out. The ongoing survey should give Steam members an idea of the sort of hardware their members carry.
Buy: [ Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3) ]
Buy: [ Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC) ]
Buy: [ Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360) ]