Teenage Zombies: Invasion of the Alien Brain Thingys! details rise up from the grave
When a gamer hears zombies, more often than not, they think Resident Evil. Teenage Zombies: Invasion of the Alien Brain Thingys! takes a different spin on these stereotyped undead creatures and casts them as heroes during an alien invasion.
Want to know more about this? Head on over to the full article by clicking on the “read more” link below.
Atari announced that they will be distributing Inlight Entertainment‘s Teenage Zombies: Invasion of the Alien Brain Thingys! in the UK. This Nintendo DS exclusive is expected to be available by Easter this year.
The premise of this platformer is very unique. It puts players in the role of three teenage zombies who have been disturbed from their graveyards by the alien invasion. Unlike the Resident Evil zombies who are after other humans, the three undead heroes have banded together to save the world from the alien Brain Thingys (yes, that’s a very smart name, indeed) and their leader known as the Big Brain.
The game itself looks pretty fleshed out with some interesting features you might enjoy. Here’s a list of all the key features of the game:
- Unique Comic Mode which drives the story with an interactive comic book style presentation
- Platform game-play that requires the player to swap between characters to solve levels
- Each character has their own unique abilities to aid them through their adventure
- Mini Games featuring the zombies (or their body parts) using all the Nintendo DSÂ™ features
- The Big Brain Challenge Â– a series of quick micro mini games that happen at anytime during gameplay to win or lose against the Big Brain
- ZAPS! (Zombie Assembly Pop-up Screen) Â– a mini-game where you use collected body parts to quickly create a zombie to regain your Â“unhealth pointsÂ”
Invading Alien Brain Thingys may not exactly be your cup of tea, but Teenage Zombies: Invasion of the Alien Brain Thingys! still could prove to be a rather interesting treat especially with its use of 1950s-style science fiction, as well as a comic book style that features panels, dialogue boxes and story telling.
Don’t let those body snatchers get ya! Keep it posted here for more details.