This year the TGS buzz is all about Xbox 360, its awesome lineup of games, the fantastic array of accessories, and the next generation of Xbox Live®.
Chief Xbox Officer Robert J. Bach is a keynote speaker at the show and will be sure to offer an Xbox 360-oriented perspective on this year’s theme: “Your front row ticket to the next generation of gaming.”
The Tokyo Game Show promises visitors the opportunity to experience a new generation of games and a new world of entertainment firsthand. We thought we’d share a few interesting TGS facts while we eagerly await the latest news from Chiba City.
- This year is the 15th anniversary of the Tokyo Game Show.
- The show debuted in 1996 and was held twice a year until 2002.
- Last year, TGS had 117 exhibitors and racked up 160,000 visitors from 22 countries.
- The show is held at the Nippon Convention Center, which is in Chiba City—about a 30 minute train ride from Tokyo proper.
- Chiba City is also the home of the ‘Townliner,’ the longest suspended monorail system in the world.