The first major update for MotorStorm: Pacific Rift is in the works and is actually in its final stages. Among the features of this update will be to protect your Save date from corruption, correct updating for Time Attack time and Rank info, and they removed a glitch that let players exploit the Boost. More features in the full article.
The first major update for MotorStorm: Pacific Rift is in the works and is actually in its final stages. Now you get to fly and crash all over the cliffs all over again. But you gotta admit, those cliffs look darn good even while you fall in to the bottom of the ravine hahaha.
Here are the features of the update:
- Restrictions to the copying of Saved Data have been removed. This will make it possible for Saved Data to be backed up and then restored to the User Account it was created under (whether thatÂ’s on the same PLAYSTATION 3 or not).
- Changes to the way the game handles data. These changes will help to prevent Saved Data corruption.
- Visual notification of critical save progress has been added. A Â‘MotorStorm HelmetÂ’ icon will be displayed on-screen to warn users that critical data is being saved. This is in addition to the HDD Access light which currently flashes while the game makes a critical save.
- The glitch which enables a player to exploit the Boost system has been removed. The development team are working to identify which times have been achieved using this glitch; Action will be taken to ensure that the Leaderboards become genuinely competitive again.
- Time Attack times and Rank information will update correctly for all players. Any pending Time Attack times will begin to filter through systematically and the online Ranks should display correctly once the update is released.
- Additional fixes and improvements to gameplay. Many thanks for your feedback on these and other issues so far; we are still investigating the other issues that have been brought to our attention.
So the Boost exploit has been removed, and it looks like Evolution Studios paid close attention to the leaderboards, as well as how you manage your saved games. Plus it’s a reassuring thought that your game data is not prone to corruption. No specific date on the release yet, but they did say that the update is scheduled for release “in the near future.”
More news on MotorStorm: Pacific Rift:
Via PlayStation Blog