This week sure was quite a change in the Xbox 360 blog landscape. For one, there was hardly any corporate talking head in sight. In fact, it was all about the game — and that’s all good to us. From theming up the games to accidental encounters with illegal drugs to a brief rendezvous with the Big Sisters, it’s all right here, so do click on that Full Article button for the complete lowdown.
This week sure was quite a change in the Xbox 360 blog landscape. For one, there was hardly any corporate talking head in sight. In fact, it was all about the game — and that’s all good to us.
We’ve got a number of titles that had multiple updates throughout the past seven days, like Assassin’s Creed 2 finally churning out those coveted information on gameplay. From the looks of their teaser site, it seems like their going for the Renaissance theme this time around.
And then there’s the Grand Theft Auto dramas (yes, not just one), starting off with the Fairfax County officers crying foul over the poor depiction of cops in the game. They’re not all that bad, they said. And since the GTA lifestyle is all about the action, how about we throw in some drug factor into the mix as well?
Also in the same day, we covered a report about a man accidentally picking up four tablets of Ecstacy, which he found in a second-hand manual of the same game. No party for him, though, as he immediately turned it over to the police. See the links of events, here?
Not to be overshadowed however is Electronic Arts and their swag bag for The Godfather II. Intent on making as big a splash as they could in time for the game launch, they sent out press kits containing the Don’s must-haves — real brass knuckles included. It hit them right back in their asses, though, and so immediately recalled the prohibited item.
Anyhow, there are more stories to be found, including debut trailers (watch the Big Sisters in action in BioShock 2) and game announcements, both welcomed and shunned (Fallujah done in “poor taste”).
- Assassins’ Creed 2
- touted as one of the biggest titles to come out this year Link
- Collector’s Edition price justified with a Batarang and a download code Link
- BioShock 2
- debut gameplay trailer Link
- The name game: “Sea of Dreams” won’t make final cut Link
- Grand Theft Auto
- Police upset over depiction Link
- Ecstacy found in game manual Link
- story, characters, zombies, more Link
- release date, intro cinematic Link
- Resident Evil 5
- DLC is not an unlock key Link
- Name change revealed Link
- Versus mode goes live Link
- Six Days in Fallujah
- Announced Link
- Blasted: too soon, too sick Link
- The Godfather II
- Swag kit contained brass knuckles Link
- EA recalls brass knuckles Link
- Amazon sells online game codes for XBL Link
- Borderlands not canned Link
- BioWare looking for Dragon Age: Origins toolset testers Link
- Fable II “See the Future” DLC Link
- FFXIII Famitsu details Link
- Halo 3 Mythic trailer and theme Link
- King of Fighters Link
- Tri-Ace revealed Link
That’s it for the week of April 5 for Xbox 360. But that won’t be it, for sure, as we expect more gaming details to come in the coming days. So keep it posted here, and keep jumpin’ it up!
Catch you guys next weekend for another round of Weekend Warriors.