The recently-concluded GDC 09 in San Francisco yielded a lot of interesting news about the gaming world. That excitement apparently flowed over to our Xbox 360 blog as we got a fair share of cool news and updates. We’ve got the people of Halo 3 doing a back-and-forth with whether or not there’ll be more content for the franchise, the dismal and disappointing launch of the exclusive XBL DLC for Fallout 3, The Pitt, as well as some mahayjor drama in the MS offices, with an employee suing for homophobic discrimination, BBC pwning MS for the disc-scratching issue, and more.
The recently-concluded GDC 09 in San Francisco yielded a lot of interesting news about the gaming world. That excitement apparently flowed over to our Xbox 360 blog as we got a fair share of cool news and updates.
Games that were active this week would be Halo 3, with Bungie having some kind of miscommunication within their own offices. Exec says there’ll be more content to keep us covered the next two years, but Studio says that’s probably not gonna be the case.
And then there’s the much-awaited exclusive XBL DLC for Fallout 3, The Pitt. It was met with much buzz and, unfortunately, much exclamation points and glitches. It had to be pulled out quick, but not much harm done cos they put it right back up after a quick fix. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare also got it’s fair share of teasers and rumors, with the launch of its trailer, as well as the whispers that it’ll be set in Brazil.
On the industry side of things, sorely lacking the past week for the Xbox 360 blog would be the odd and bold proclamations of their main business heads. Instead, we’ve got BBC giving MS the rap for its disc-scratching console, a game designer up in arms for the alleged homophobic discrimination happening in the MS offices, and Blizzard asking MS about their next console.
Interesting bits of development, wouldn’t you say?
- Halo 3:
- More content for the next two years Link
- Bungie takes it back: ODST is the end of the line for the franchise Link
- Dead Rising 2: Up to 6000 zombies up for grabs! Link
- Resident Evil 5
- Versus Mode delayed Link
- patch indicates Versus DLC to come Link Link
- New RE game to be out between 2013 to 2017 Link
- Final Fantasy XIII Battle System laid out Link
- Batman: Arkham Asylum: he ain’t no murderer. Link
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- teaser trailer debut Link
- going to Brazil? Link
- Fallout 3:
- The Pitt released, is the pits, pulled out Link
- Let’s try this one more time. The Pitt goes back online Link
- BioShock 2:”Sea of Dreams” still in the title Link
- New Xbox from Microsoft — along with Blizzard Link
- Xbox game designer sues Microsoft for homophobic discrimination Link
- BBC Watchdog pwns Microsoft on Xbox 360 disc-scratching issue Link
I’d say I find it personally embarrassing for the pitiful launch of The Pitt. And to think Microsoft was terribly cocky about getting exclusive DLC for the XBL on a game that came out on competing consoles. Of course it’s not absolutely MS’s fault, but yeah, it still was a FAIL in my book.
Plus, the lawsuit of the game designer of Microsoft only adds fuel to the whole issue of MS being discriminatory about gays, especially following the whole Gamer Tag issue. Rather curious, too, that no spokesperson came out this week armed with a battalion of excuses or defense. Then again, it was the GDC, perhaps they were all busy there?
Anyhow, we told you it was gonna be a big GDC week. Next event is E3, but that won’t be till June this year. So in the meantime, just keep it locked here in QJ for your daily dose of gaming news and updates. Just keep jumpin’!