With only a day remaining until the massive action game hits the store shelves across the globe, Zipper Interactive has revealed the differences between the MAG Beta 5.0 and the final version of the game.
With only a day remaining until the massive action game hits the store shelves across the globe, Zipper Interactive has revealed the differences between the MAG Beta 5.0 and the final version of the game. According to developers:
The Beta version of MAG only offered six maps and two modes, the retail version has a full five modes with 15 maps to play. The final game also includes a handy offline training mode, unique armors, new cinematics, art galleries, trophies, and the always-popular Veteran Mode that lets you start all over again with a permanent XP bonus and the ability to switch your faction after hitting the level cap. Of course, graphical and audio improvements are in there too.
We’ve also addressed a number of topics that were brought to our attention when you were testing MAG earlier this month, and will deliver them to you the moment you boot MAG up with a small in-game patch (roughly 60-80 MB depending on your region).
Here is the full changelog of the upcoming Patch v1.01:
- Added ability for player to use knife during a reload animation.
- Applied significant tuning adjustments for all weapons and armor.
- Increased sprint duration before tiring by 30%.
- Lowered XP requirements for levels 2 thru 4.
- Lowered level-entry restrictions for Sabotage from Level 3 to Level 2.
- Lowered level-entry restrictions for Acquisition from Level 5 to Level 4.
- Lowered level-entry restrictions for Domination from Level 10 to Level 8.
- Enabled proper level requirements for unlocking headgear, facegear, and uniforms.
- Fixed problem with recoil/firing animation that kept playing for a few seconds after the player fires an automatic gun and uses knife swipe simultaneously.
- Fixed bug where incapacitated players’ nametags would occasionally disappear.
- Repositioned onscreen weapons for improved field of view.
- Armory items (facegear/ headgear/ uniforms) reordered.
- Removed helmets from “Loadout 3” for all factions.
- Made significant increase in framerate during player-heavy games.
- Changed light settings for all environments.
- Polished recoil effect for better realism.
- Fixed offset muzzle flash effect.
- Tuned camera to shake more realistically when hit by bullets.
- Adjusted “blur” effect for both normal sights and iron sights.
- Added alternate reload animation.
- New “light scatter” treatment for all skies.
- Repaired various “weapon clipping” issues.
- Enacted several particle fogging adjustments.
- Switched first-person weapon sounds to true stereo.
- Moved first-person character interactions and weapon switches to true stereo.
- Tweaked sounds effects relating to landing on surfaces.
- Added error display and queue panel updates to notify player when they’ve encountered a “join game” failure.
- Made various server stability fixes and tweaks.
Via [MAG Blog]