The open beta period for testing out Battlefield 2142 Update 1.50 is over, and the fruit of Digital Illusions‘ labor is ready for plucking. The latest build to Update 1.50 has been tendered as a Final revision, and players will have to patch their games in order to play the new community-contributed maps, Wake Island 2142 and Operation Shingle. But there are other features you’ve probably been dying to have since the release of 2142, so check the full story to see if your hopes have come true.
Digital Illusions CE, together with EA, has just announced that Update 1.50 to their latest multiplayer war shooter-strategy videogame – Battlefield 2142 – has been released. And with it comes new content by way of two custom created maps highly recommended by the community: Wake Island 2142 and Operation Shingle.
New features in the latest patch include:
- Added community maps, Wake Island 2142 and Operation Shingle
- Added the ability to use widescreen resolutions.
- Added No Vehicles mode.
- Added Conquest Assault mode.
- Changed the volume control for the Commander Voice Over on request of the esports community.
- Changes made to pod steering mechanism to improve control while limiting pod surfing.
Update 1.50 for BF2142 isn’t all about additional content, though. DICE has worked with Jason Brice of the MGX Cland and The Sir Community to address issues that the new update could have brought up.
In addition to fixing the loading faults with a corrupt Radial.cdb file and new procedures to hinder cheating in BF2142, the developers have also changed the following from the previous build of Update 1.50 Beta:
For Wake Island 2142:
- Narrowed down the land bridge
- Fixed FAVs not spawning more than twice
- Add wrecked gunship to titan deck
- Shorten FAV spawn time
- Add FAV to Beach
- Add crates to top of dock
- Create path from Village to other side of island
- Add anti tank gun to Village
- Add anti air gun to Beach
- Add additional blockades against mech movement at entrance to dock
- Get rid of Island flagpole
- Add crate next to antenna at main base to help people jump up on it
- Fix small bug with beached ship at Beach
- Add trees back to small island
- Reduce the respawn time of EU gunship 30 -> 20
- Increased docked titan pod velocity 38 -> 41
- Move AA gun at main base
- Crates/barrels on Titan deck
- Reduce FAV spawn delay
- Move PAC assets to island tips
- FAV spawn at main base – cars start rolling forwards
- At Office and Checkpoint, the antitank can kill the titan AA gun
- Put tank barriers in front of dock entrance
- Bring consoles on docked titan back to normal strength
- Indestructible PAC titan
- Limit PAC to only one gunship
- Increase docked titan pod launch velocity 35 -> 38
- Add ladder on other side of dock
- Turn EU gunship 180 degrees
- Add spawnpoints on top of dock to Dock CP
- Increase the time it takes to capture Core flag
- Moved PAC titan back
- Replace stairs up to dock with ladder
- Fix docked titan pods launching backwards
- Reduce the respawn time of EU gunship 80 -> 30
For Operation Shingle:
- Added NO VEHICLES mode.
- Added ASSAULT LINES mode.
- Preview Map updated to reflect proper Team positioning
- Tickets have been reversed. Attacking team now has extra 30 tickets.
- Columns/Command Center/Refugee Camp flags cannot be capped from a level below their locations.
- Battle Walkers no longer do the MOONWALK on spawn
- minculldistance has been removed
The update weighs in at approximately 523 MB and is already available from EA’s primary FTP servers. But if you’re looking for uncongested portals, you might find the the BF2142 version 1.50 patch uploaded in your favorite mass download sites as well. More updates as we happen upon them.
Via Electronic Arts