Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 1.5 patch now live
Enjoying the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)? Then you’ll be happy to know that Infinity Ward‘s just rolled out another patch for the game, and it’s loaded with tasty bugfixes to make your FPS experience all the more sweeter. Check out the entire details in the full article.
For those of us currently enjoying the next-gen FPS action that Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Sony PS3, Microsoft Xbox 360, PC) brings to the table, there’s some very good news. The PC version is getting yet another patch, and it’s one filled with the usual round of bugfixes. Unfortunately, there’s no new content to be seen, but if it remedies a few nags and glitches in an already-awesome game, then what’s not to like about it?
So, without further ado, here’s the changelog for the 1.5 patch, quoted from the release post:
- Fixed server browser not showing all of the servers
- The “hold [ ] to steady” sniper scope hint will only appear if you can use it
- Fixed game not recognizing IWDs existing if they are all in fs_basepath and none are in the main/ folder
- Made mod scripts able to change stats
- Allow developer_script for mulitiplayer [sic] modding
- Fixed map rotation errors with usermaps
- Fix for reloading several times after connecting to a modded server
- Fixed minimap not showing up in the menu for usermaps
- Fixed an issue with Http redirect downloads.
- Mod tools will now work with other languages
There are two very important notes to consider here. First is that after you install the 1.5 patch, you will not be able to find 1.4 servers. Second is that you have to make sure that you’re up to date (that is, running the 1.4 build) before downloading 1.5 – as you need the Winter Crash map from 1.4.
Other than that, installing the 1.5 update itself consists of only downloading the file in the via link, and make sure that it’s aimed to the folder where you installed the game itself. Enjoy!