DICE 08: 11th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards results
DICE Summit 08 had much to offer with the 11th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards, and games such as Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, BioShock, and The Orange Box came home as big winners, garnering four awards each.
Individual achievements by Mike Morhaime and Ken Kutaragi were also recognized by The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences. Details in the full article.
There’s so much more from DICE Summit 08, they held 11th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards which celebrates nothing but the best games of the year 2007.
The three big winners in the event were Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, The Orange Box, and BioShock. These games were able to win four awards each.
Aside from the games that were recognized, two people were also honored: Mike Morhaime, president, CEO and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment, and Ken Kutaragi, former president and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Morhaime was inducted into the Hall of Fame while Kutaragi was bestowed with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Without further ado, here are the winners:
- Overall Game of the Year, Console Game of the Year, Outstanding Achievement in Online Game Play, Action Game of the Year:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
- Computer Game of the Year, Outstanding Achievement in Game Design, Outstanding Character Performance, Outstanding Achievement in Game Play Engineering:
The Orange Box: Portal (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction, Outstanding Achievement in Story Development, Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition, Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design:
- Outstanding Innovation in Gaming, Family Game of the Year, Outstanding Achievement in Soundtrack:
- Handheld Game of the Year:
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
- Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year:
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
- Cellular Game of the Year, Sports Game of the Year:
- Role-Playing Game of the Year:
- Racing Game of the Year:
- Adventure Game of the Year:
Super Mario Galaxy
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year:
Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation:
- Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering:
- Downloadable Game of the Year:
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
With this ceremony, Joseph Olin, president of Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences, had this to say about the different winners,
The Interactive Achievement Awards is the forum for the industry’s best game makers to evaluate the merits of more than 160 titles submitted for consideration and honor the best in technical innovation and gameplay experience.
This year’s winners truly represent the best cross section of interactive entertainment, demonstrating the power of next-generation platforms that have come of age.