Infinity Ward drops Call of Duty 4 patch 1.4 for PC
Christmas may be a time for peace, but for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Windows PC, Sony PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360) high-rankers, the holiday season isn’t all about eggnog and gift-wrapping. There’s some serious revenge to be wrought upon your deathmatch pals over multiplayer, and Infinity Ward knew that. It has rolled out another patch before prepping for a holiday with family and relatives, and now Activision‘s CoD4 is at patch version 1.4.
Less talk, more download mirrors – that’s what we’d like to say when it comes to fresh and hot official fixer-uppers. But we’ll let ourselves off for now and spread the word that Infinity Ward has just released patch version 1.4 for Activision‘s holiday modern shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Windows PC, Sony PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360).
The newest patch is a big one, because it contains a new map to celebrate the Yuletide fragging season: Winter Crash – a Christmas version for the map Crash. And to keep smiles on your faces during your multiplayer bouts, Infinity Ward also polished up the server browser UI and swatted the bugs causing all those bullet accuracy issues sprouting up infrequently. Other fixes include:
- For server admins: fixed user ban list not working correctly on servers. Ban.txt will be created in the main or fs_game directory
- In the connect screen, Mods will be identified as”Mod: [mod name]”
- Only official IWD files will be read from the main directory. All custom IWD should be placed in a mod directory.
- Fix for reloading several times after connecting to a modded server
- Improved mod.ff support to allow adding game types.
- Fixed an issue with Http redirect downloads.
- “fs_game” will be forced to lower case
The patch is currently available at all the major download veins of the Internet, but if you’re more into the non-registration download options you’re going to have to do some more searching around.