iPhone Weekend Warrior: jailbreakable 3.0, heavy-hitting games, more mudslinging
Whoa. After weeks of so little news for the iPhone, we got a whole slew of news this week. We got homebrew that reaches up to here (no, over here), and we got a whole bunch of new games announced for the platform, including Mega Man, Red Alert, and even Assassin’s Creed.
Here’s this week’s iPhone Weekend Warrior!
Whoa. After weeks of so little news for the iPhone, we got a whole slew of news this week. We got homebrew that reaches up to here (no, over here), and we got a whole bunch of new games announced for the platform, including Mega Man, Red Alert, and even Assassin’s Creed. Here’s this week’s iPhone Weekend Warrior!
- Getting impatient to get 3.0 already? Well here’s the next best thing. Ok it’s not the best thing, but it’s something. Use 3.0 icons on your iPhone. Link.
- When 3.0 does come out though, don’t worry, it’s jailbreakable. Just a small warning for yellowsn0w users after the link though. Link.
- Instead of having to go to Cydia and uninstall your app, you can now do so straight from the springboard with CyDelete. Link.
- Popup Colors is a mod that lets you change your pop colors to any of the eight available colors, letting you match your wallpaper and putting more “i” into your iPhone. Link.
- InstallerApp is a Mac OS X tool that acts as a desktop client for Cydia and Installer repositories on your iPhone. Useful? You bet. Link.
- A Falling Sand Game is a game about falling sand, in case it wasn’t obvious. It’s a very popular physics simulator (it’s also known as World of Sand). Link.
Games and general news:
- Noby Noby Boy continues to devour everything in its path. And it’s coming to the iPhone. Link.
- Megamania comes to the iPhone. Mega Man gets a new game for the platform! Link.
- Opportunists are now targeting Apple, suing them for copyright infringement on several technologies they use for the iPhone, including the AppStore and the camera. Link.
- Assassin’s Creed (link) and Red Alert (link) are coming to the iPhone!
- Wolfenstein 3D now available for iPhone, open-source and free. Link.
- Mudslinging between Sony and Microsoft seems to be playing second fiddle these days to mudslinging between the PSP and the iPhone. Link.
And that’s it folks. Looks like we got a whole lot to look forward to this year. Till next week.