Yesterday, we reported to you that the new patch for the Microsoft Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC, Xbox 360, PS3) has gone live and is ready to be enjoyed. We all went online and had a good time, but did you guys catch the changes made? In case you didn’t notice much of a difference, we’ve caught the changelog for the update to fill you in on the details. Read all about it after the jump.
Yesterday, we reported to you that the new patch for the Microsoft Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC, Xbox 360, PS3) has gone live and is ready to be enjoyed. We also promised you that we’d bring you the full changelog as soon as it hits the streets. Well, it just arrived, so here it is.
As expected, we’re getting the Kill Cam and Host Migration improvements. Tweaks on the ACOG scope and sniper rifles are also in place. May other changes have taken place, so feel free to go over the full list to be better informed:
- New Kill Cams – Everything that can kill you has a Kill Cam now. Grenades, Airstrikes, Claymores, C4, M203 Rounds, RPGs, anything. So jump online, get owned a little and check them out. TheyÂ’re awesome, especially Grenades and M203 shots that go across the map and through a window.
- Host Migration – Host migration was added, so now when the host leaves you wonÂ’t get dropped back to your own lobby by yourself. Everyone will stay together. Host Leaves, everyone returns to lobby, selects next best host, and the game starts up again. No more re-inviting, re-partying up because a host ended the game.
- Improved Sniper Accuracy – The Sniper rifle accuracy has been improved. No more, WTF? shots now. Your cross hair will be a better representation of where your shot will ultimately land. Try out a sniper class today, let us know how the new accuracy feels.
- Improved ACOG Scope Accuracy – ACOG scopes accuracy on any weapon has been improved. Test it out, throw it on one of your classes and give it a go.
- Upgraded Spectator Cam – Now when youÂ’re a spectator you have the option to follow in 3rd person or 1st person. As well as rotate 360 degrees around the player youÂ’re watching. Next time youÂ’re dead in Search and Destroy and just watching your team mates do stuff you know you can do better, now do it in 1st person or rotate around them.
- Quick Mute Option – Now you can easily and quickly mute players in-game or in-lobby without ever going through the Xbox Live blades. Just go to their gamertag on screen and hit Â‘AÂ’ to quick mute in lobby, or via the in-game scoreboard if playing. Quick. Easy. Salvation!
As a bonus, Activision and Infinity Ward made strides to up the stability of online play in CoD4. These adjustments went along with the patch:
- Improved Network Performance For Larger Games – 18 player games now require more bandwidth to host, resulting in smoother performance for players.
- Optimized Server Selection for First Match – Server selection is now optimized to select best bandwidth servers associated by LSP.
- Fixed Â“Playlist Older Than HostÂ” Error – Player will no longer get this error when entering games.
- Additional Start Spawn Locations in All Maps – Added a minimum of 9 extra start spawns on each side of all maps.