With patch 1.0.2 all done with, Kaos Studios is now well into working on patch 1.0.3 for the PC version of Frontlines: Fuel of War (PS3, Xbox 360, PC). Senior producer Joe Halper recently posted a list of the fixes and additions currently planned for inclusion in the upcoming patch. Hit the “read more” link for the full list.
Joe Halper, senior producer for Kaos Studios‘ Frontlines: Fuel of War, has posted a few updates on the status of the PC version‘s upcoming patch. Some notable additions include the first phase of the new server browser as well as the addition of PunkBuster.
These fixes and additions are not yet final. Some of the things included in the following list may be pushed out. Conversely, other fixes and additions may also be added as the patch gets closer to release. Here’s the current list of updates in patch 1.0.3:
- PunkBuster anti-cheat is being added
New Server Browser
- Phase 1 of the NEW Server Browser
- New streamlined design w/easy to use layout
- Added text filters for the following categories: Server Name, Player Count, Ping, Map Name & Version Number
- Added server IP display field
- Added text clan/server company banner support
- Added ability to Cancel Server Search and will continue to display already pulled servers
- Players can no longer stick Landmines onto their legs
- Invert controls for land vehicles has been fixed
- Players can no longer Â“flyÂ” or Â“jumpÂ” around levels
- Turrets will no longer continue firing when squad menu is raised
- All positions in vehicles now iterates when the vehicle is hit
- Sentry guns take less damage to destroy.
- Sentry guns will cause slightly less damage.
- Grenade launcher damage vs infantry has been reduced.
- Character Movement Changes
- Forced pause which prevented the player from moving when recovering from a jump has been removed
- Player will be prevented from jumping immediately after landing for 0.5 seconds (stops the bouncing bunny syndrome)
- Multiple fixes should result is much less visible Â“slidingÂ”, Â“wormingÂ” and Â“DolphinÂ” effects from transitioning between crouch to standing, crouch to prone and prone to standing.
- Sprinting while crouched or prone has been removed
- Jumping from and to prone should now be impossible
- A minimum timer has been set in between changing positions. (This will prevent crouch/prone spamming)
- Character ground speed has been slightly increased, this includes strafe speed
- Free fall speed has increased for a more realistic feeling
- Key for Exit Vehicle (E) is no longer missing from the control menu
- Scoreboard no longer shows double entries
- Scoreboard no longer shows all entries/columns with Zero points
- Player can now paste text longer then the max characters set for a text box.
- Fix for reported ATI X800/X850 user crashes on start up
- Vsync default setting is now turned to off, solving some crashes for lower end cards. (This is the Maximize Framerate option, in the Video- Advanced tab)
- Added NULL check to stop players from inputting illegal characters and crashing the game
Additional Â“FutureÂ” items that are being evaluated
- Additional server browser enhancements
- Leaderboards (ranked/unranked)
- Additional items we will soon provide more information on.
Via Kaos Studios