As we all know, there are a lot of casual games for the Nintendo Wii console and most of those will come from the WiiWare service. It is in this light that GarageGames will be attending the Wii Summit to demo the Torque engine for the Wii. More on this after the jump!
GarageGames is sending out word that it will be attending this week’s Nintendo event for authorized developers of the company’s latest console. Its presence is to demo the latest build of the engine Torque for the Wii.
Aside from that, GarageGames will also be talking with other developers to license the said engine for the creation of 2D and 3D games. Some of Torque’s worth mentioning features include:
- Extensible Wii remote controller support
- Wii-optimized skinned mesh rendering
- Compressed texture
- Interior support
- Hardware blending for terrain textures
- WYSIWYG tool chain for designers
- Scripting language support
- Lotcheck compliance component
- Wii graphics and audio abstraction layers
While this particular engine is indeed for casual games, GarageGames mentioned that there will be a big discount for licensees who are targeting to release their creations on the WiiWare service.
Keep checking back here at QJ.NET for more updates on this and other Wii-related topics.