NCsoft (I always forget not to capitalize that “s”) has announced a plethora of in-game Christmas events for five of its MMO titles: Aion, Guild Wars, City of Heroes, Lineage and Lineage II. Hit the jump for all the pertinent details.
NCsoft (I always forget not to capitalize that “s”) has announced a plethora of in-game Christmas events for five of its MMO titles: Aion, Guild Wars, City of Heroes, Lineage and Lineage II.
In Aion‘s Solorius Festival, giant playable keyboards will litter the landscape in both Sanctum and Pandaemonium. Solorius Shugo merchants will hawk festival wares and bakers will offer Solorius cakes and beverages that provide stat buffs for adventuring players. This’ll take place from December 16 until January 6.
Over in Guild Wars, the locations of Ascalon City, Lion’s Arch, Droknar’s Forge, Kamadan, Jewel of Istan and Eye of the North will all be joining in the Tyrian New Year and a few lucky players will have the chance to receive a Miniature Polar Bear from the Wintersday Chest. Guild Wars fans are also nvited to submit an original Wintersday themed piece of artwork for a chance to win a copy of the Guild Wars 2 Art Book signed by the art team as well as a variety of other prizes. Wintersday happens December 18 until January 4.
City of Heroes players are once again asked to help Father Time save Baby New Year from Snaptooth. New this year will be the appearance of Lord Winter — a giant foe players will have to band together to defeat — as well as the new “throw snowflakes” emote and a character respec, both bought by candy cane salvage. There are also two new holiday badges — Festive and Lord of Winter/Lady of Winter. The City of Heroes Winter Event will start December 15 and end January 5.
Lineage players around the world will be taking on the role of Santa Claus this holiday during the Global Lineage Christmas Event. After acquiring a special Rudolph hat, players will be able to take on the guise of Santa Claus and grab the reins of Rudolph, a mount that provides a speed bonus to players. Those who get to mount Rudolph (haha) will also get special holiday presents every 15 minutes. The Lineage Christmas Event takes place from December 23 until January 6.
Finally, from December 15 until December 29, Lineage II players can help Santa raise new reindeer after his old ones go on strike. Heres a rundown of the free stuff available:
- Rudolph’s Buff: You can help Santa by raising Baby Reindeer to full grown Adult Reindeer and receive special Rudolph Buffs for your contributions. You will be able to raise multiple reindeer each day.
- Santa’s Gift: Santa will be visiting Aden and distributing gifts randomly throughout each server. Make sure you’re playing Lineage II for your chance to receive one of Santa’s Gifts below:
- Weapon Exchange Coupon Box: A box containing a coupon that will reward you with +8 to +16 shadow weapon of any type and grade. Or a Jackpot Coupon which can be exchanged for a permanent +12 A grade weapon.
- Christmas Shirt exchange coupon: Can be exchanged for an enchanted (randomly) Christmas Shirt.
- Special Christmas Tree which gives HP/MP bonuses.