PC PlayStation Store: Prices raised for PSP downloadable titles
Sony has raised the prices for some of the PSP’s downloadable titles on the PlayStation Store. One game that was hit particularly hard is Gangs of London, which has been marked up by US$ 11. Further details are available in the full article.
If your finances came up shorter than expected after your last shopping spree on the PlayStation Store, it’s not just you. Sony has begun raising the prices of some of the downloadable titles on their PC-based store, with games like Gangs of London getting spiked from 12 to nearly 23 USD.
The rest of the games’ prices moved up from between 1 to 6 dollars. These games also appear to be PlayStation Store re-releases of older titles, meaning that you may already own a copy. Here’s the shortlist, and each title’s new price:
- Gangs of London: US$ 11.99 to US$ 22.99 (+11)
- Kingdom of Paradise: US$ 10.99 to US$ 16.99 (+6)
- Ape Escape: On the Loose: US$ 9.99 to US$ 15.99 (+6)
- Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee: US$ 10.99 to US$ 15.99 (+5)
- WipeOut Pure US$ 10.99 to US$ 15.99 (+5)
- SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo: US$ 10.99 to US$ 15.99 (+5)
- Twisted Metal: Head-On PSP: US$ 14.99 to US$ 15.99 (+1)
- LocoRoco: $21.99 to $22.99 (+1)
On the lighter side of this news, Sony hasn’t increased the price for most of their PSN-exclusive PSP titles, such as fl0w and Syphon Filter: Combat Ops:
- Syphon Filter: Combat Ops (US$ 9.99)
- Beats (U$ 4.99)
- Ape Quest Bundle (U$ 19.99) January 2008)
- Go! Puzzle (US$ 5.99) (PSP Feb 2008)
- The Cryptics (digital comic): US$ 2.99
- flOw (US$ 7.99)
- Echochrome (US$ 9.99)
- SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 (US$ 15.99)
On the other side of the fence, the company’s also lowered the pricing for The Con. Originally priced at US$ 19.99, this game can now be downloaded for just US$ 9.99.