SCEA Home manager CydoniaX at the PlayStation boards clarifies certain issues surrounding Home-hopping across regions and the upcoming cabbage patch v1.21 update. Apparently there’s been some confusion about Home content, and a bit of envy over other region’s content like Prinnies and whatnot. Here’s something to look forward to though, other than this week’s patch: it looks like picture frames will come in during E3 2009.
“Oy, no Home-squattin’, yo!”
SCEA Home manager CydoniaX at the PlayStation boards clarifies certain issues surrounding Home content and the upcoming cabbage patch v1.21 update. Apparently there’s been some confusion about Home content, and a bit of envy over other region’s content like Prinnies and whatnot.
Here’s something to look forward to though, other than this week’s patch: it looks like picture frames will come in during E3 2009. Let’s take Cyd’s post, bullet by bullet:
- YES, we are also getting the 1.21 update this Thursday. We have not yet announced this in the forums or posted our notes because it was previously agreed upon with other regions to coordinate this sort of information sharing to avoid situations exactly like this one. Tedthedog is great at communicating with the EU community, but also needs to make sure he lets us know he’s doing it. We’ve all discussed this and we’re cool. But this kind of thing won’t be happening again if we can help it.
- NO, picture frames won’t be available yet with the 1.21 update, but YES, we are getting them. You will hear more about them very soon, we promise (hint: it’s a good idea to hang out in Home during E3!)
- YES, it’s true that SCEJ and SCEE will release things that we don’t, and vice versa. Every region has its own business deals, developers, etc and it can be extremely difficult to get legal agreement for cross-regional deals. So if you are an SCEA Home user, it’s not the best idea to be going to SCEE or SCEJ forums for your information about Home
- NO we don’t condone global travel or wearing items in SCEA that users obtained through creating accounts in EU or Japan. The fact that many people have figured out how to go around this is not something that we plan to either condone or punish. That said, I can tell you that all regions agree that this needs to stop.
- The bottom line is that SCEA Home is SCEA Home. You should think of it as its own entity and not be focusing on what other regions have. The same goes for SCEE and SCEJ Home. I know we gamers love our rewards and trophies and exclusive items, but you shouldn’t be focusing on what other regions have and you don’t to the point where you’re blind to all the awesome stuff you ARE getting. Like picture frames!!!
- Let’s not overlook the positive here: you ARE getting the 1.21 patch on Thursday and you ARE getting picture frames. These are good things!
So stick to your regional Home, people! Though they say inter-regional Home-hopping is something they will not punish you for, it’d be best to respect these guys’ wishes. They are, after all, rolling out these things for free.
Via PlayStation Boards