Harmonix has just released a patch for Rock Band 2‘s Xbox 360 version that adds support for wireless mics, background downloading, and an audition mode for Rock Band Network, among other things. A PS3 version of the patch is now undergoing the certification process and will be out ASAP. There’s no word yet on a Wii patch, however. Hit the jump for the patch notes.
Harmonix has just released a patch for Rock Band 2‘s Xbox 360 version that adds support for wireless mics, background downloading, and an audition mode for Rock Band Network, among other things. A PS3 version of the patch is now undergoing the certification process and will be out ASAP. There’s no word yet on a Wii patch, however.
Here are the patch notes:
- Rock Band Network Audition Mode. Available from the Â“ExtrasÂ” menu on Xbox 360 versions of Rock Band 2, members of the Rock Band Network can now upload songs from their PCÂ’s and audition their songs using our suite of song audition and testing tools. Currently in closed beta, the Rock Band Network will welcome authors to open beta in the coming weeks! Find out more at http://creators.rockband.com
- Â“Sort by StarsÂ” in Quickplay. If you hit the Â“SortÂ” button on the Song Select screen, youÂ’ll come to a brand new sort that orders songs by the star ratings that youÂ’ve achieved on each song. Each star rating gets a category, as well as an Â“UnplayedÂ” category for songs that donÂ’t have a star rating recorded. Finally, you can record your progress towards gold starring every song in your library!
- Background Downloading in the Music Store. Purchasing songs from the Rock Band Music Store now no longer requires you to wait for a song to download before you can download another song. You can now queue up downloads to your heartÂ’s content, which is going to be incredibly handy with some of the amazing DLC thatÂ’s coming out over the next few weeks and months.
- Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone Support. Rock Band 2 now supports Xbox 360 Wireless Microphones, like the Lips microphone. Finally, you can now have a fully wireless Rock Band experience!
- Chord HOPO improvements: If youÂ’ve played The Beatles: Rock Band, youÂ’ll notice much more robust handling of chord hammer-ons and pull-offs. This patch implements those changes in Rock Band 2 to provide a more natural chord hammer-on/pull-off experience.
- Velocity Sensitivity on Ion Drum Kits: Ion Drum kits now support velocity sensitivity in both drum fills and Drum Freestyle mode.
Via Rock Band forums