Hey, WipEout HD fans, here’s something to look forward to: a free WipEout HD update will be available for download tomorrow and it’ll include a bunch of new multiplayer features. The version 1.30 update will include new online rankings, online badges, a spectator mode and game invites.
Hey, WipEout HD fans, here’s something to look forward to: a free WipEout HD update will be available for download tomorrow and it’ll include a bunch of new multiplayer features:
- Online Ranking – Get as many ranking points as you can and go from Wipeout Trainee to Wipeout Legend
- Podium Screen – A new podium screen will now display the top three finishers after each online race or tournament
- Online Badges – Regardless of whether you finish in the Top Three or not, every player has the chance of being awarded an online badge in recognition of how they performed in the race. There are 33 badges in total.
- Game Invites – invite your friends to join your game or let them invite you You will also be informed of any friends with an active online game and have the ability to join that game instantly.
- Spectator Mode – Spectator mode lets you watch a race that already started before you had the chance to join in. You can choose from four camera angles and select which ship to watch.
- Additional Options
- HUD Weapon Hints on/off.
- Opponents – Choose to create a Public, Friends-only or Invite-only game.
- Barrel Rolls on/off
- Pilot Assist Allowed on/off
- Number of laps (max 20)
All of this becomes available when the update hits tomorrow, April 8. The update’s free, so no reason why you should skip it.
Via US PlayStation blog