K2 Network launches Manifest Destiny for Sword of the New World: Granado Espada
It’s not very often that an MMORPG expansion gets to be named by fans. In Sword of the New World: Granado Espada‘s case, fans got precisely what they asked for in the aptly named Manifest Destiny expansion, and then some.
The difference isn’t just in the name, however, as K2 Network has throw in new recruitable UPCs, new maps and zones, new events, new elections and new store items. That’s just the tip of the iceberg; the full article awaits after the jump, as always.
“Manifest Destiny” is a pretty dramatic name for an MMORPG expansion, but that’s what players of Sword of the New World: Granado Espada will be getting from K2 Network‘s recently launched expansion, especially since it was the players themselves who thought up that name.
In order to keep things in Granado Espada fresh, K2 Network has included the following goodies in the Manifest Destiny update of the free-to-play MMORPG:
- New characters
- Soso, the female martial artist from Ciam
- Angie, Jack’s problematic niece
- Viki, the ill but powerful summoner
- A new Gigante Island holiday getaway map
- Andre Janzur’s new line of beachwear, Andre’s Dolce & Granado
- New events
- Faction Wars, an all-out scramble for more territory
- Elections, which allow players to vote leaders into office
- Andre’s Ultimately Fabulous Competition, a two-hour PvP battle royale
- New item store merchandise
- new UPC costumes
- new back costumes with buffs
- a new upgrade-friendly item
At the end of the day, the Manifest Destiny expansion is all about living up to its name in Sword of the New World: Granado Espada. As Philip Maurer, Associate Producer at K2 Network, put it:
We feel that this name perfectly encompasses all of the aspect of the expansion. As Pioneers will be exploring further West in this expansion, claiming the new lands Â“Manifest DestinyÂ” puts a real spin on the continuing storyline as the Crown and the Republic begin to lay claim to lands that seem to be occupied by other inhabitants. As the story moves westward it will become clear, that this land was put here by providence and it is up to the Pioneers, to take it.