Wiibrewer raz0red has just whipped up the first release of Wii7800, a port of the ProSystem emulator developed by Greg Stanton. Credits to Zx-81, Leonis, and gdement for their respective contributions. Developer notes in the full article.
Wiibrewer raz0red has just whipped up the first release of Wii7800, a port of the ProSystem emulator developed by Greg Stanton. Credits to Zx-81, Leonis, and gdement for their respective contributions.
- Audio support for frame rates other than 60 (PAL cartridges or custom frame rates) is a bit off.
- Light gun games are not currently supported (with the exception of those that support a joystick mode).
- To install Wii7800, simply extract the zip file directly to your SD card (retain the hierarchical structure exactly).
- Cartridge images should be placed in the roms directory (/wii7800/roms). (Zip files are supported)
- Wii7800 does support loading of the Atari 7800 BIOS, although it isn’t necessary. If you wish to use the BIOS, simply place the NTSC and PAL BIOS files in the (/wii7800) directory. The NTSC file must be named, “7800.rom”, while the PAL file must be named, “7800pal.rom”.
- Released 0.1. Took much longer than anticipated to do the port so haven’t had any time to devote to adding a Libwiigui front end. Will work on that for the next release. –Raz0red 04:49, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- Added dual analog support for Robotron (maybe others?). –Raz0red 21:08, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- Fixed controls in core emulator code so that they are compatible w/ both one and two button games (modified 1.3d2). Fixed bug in save game loading. Should release 0.1 by Tuesday. –Raz0red 02:42, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- Added support for PAL cartridges. Probably will release 0.1 this weekend. Let me know if you are interested in testing a preview release. –Raz0red 15:24, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Close to being ready to release a preview version. Want to make one pass through the games and ensure they are working properly before releasing. –Raz0red 23:25, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sound is now working (several more endianness issues resolved). The 7800 emulator is a bit odd due to the fact that it has to emulate 2 independent sound chips, the TIA and Pokey. At any rate, they are now both working. Looking promising for an end of the weekend preview release. –Raz0red 06:31, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- Fixed all of the Endianness issues and now have it displaying. Will probably post a preview build in a day or so. –Raz0red 17:41, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
More Wii homebrew: